Sport Presenter, MC, Voice-over artist, House music DJ and Producer.
In 2001 Joe Mann Joined Tuks FM, the campus radio station for the University of Pretoria. This afforded him the opportunity to become a part of commercial radio. His professional career began when he became a sports presenter on Kevin Fine’s and Dicksy Nqcula’s weekend shows on 5FM. He quickly got promoted to drive time sport on The Gareth Cliff Show on weekdays.
Not content to settle as a radio personality, his love of sport created and avenue to television and since 2005 he has been doing voice-overs for Soccer Africa, Football Africa and African Stars in Europe all on Supersport channel 203 on DSTV. In 2006, after a 2 year stint at 5fm, he joined Metro FM as a producer on the Avenue 326 for Glen Lewis. Then a producer /Co-presenter on Azania Ndoro’s (Mosaka) Total Bliss show.
Currently Joe Mann is the sports presenter on The Touchdown 326, the flagship show for Metro FM. The station commands a listenership of over 6 million listeners. The Touchdown 326 has led the way since its inception in April 2011. The show has more than 800000 daily listeners. Joe Mann is the only sports presenter entrusted with the responsibility of standing in for Robert Marawa on the award winning 083 Sport @ 6 with Marawa. Joe’s love of sport spans far beyond football. His knowledge and analysis of cricket rugby and tennis make him one of the most sought after sports presenters in the country.
Joe Mann brings a lot more to the Touchdown than just sport. His creativity, sharp whit and sense of humour enhance the show helping to make it the most succesful show on commercial radio. His sense of humour is rivalled only by the top comedians in the country, this makes Joe Mann a perfect candidate for MCing corporate as well as sports related functions. He is knowledgable and worldly and pushes the envelope on radio, but he also knows where to draw the line. The lack of BCCSA complaints against him bares testament to this.
Joe Mann is also a popular House Music DJ and has played at various venues around South Africa. Joe also brings you the sportainment (sports entertainment) on Mzansi Insider on Saturday’s morning on SABC 1.
His foray into music production is in its infancy, but Joe is working on a project with Cubique DJ which will catapult his career to greater heights.
Joe Mann has great presence and influence on social media. He has more than 40000 followers and friends on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. He is brand conscious and creative and this makes him a great asset when looking to market and give exposure to a brand or event.
What he has taken and still takes part in:
- MC at Pretoria University events, most notably the Freedom day celebrations and TUKS Rag
- Presented the Ministry of Sound on 5fm on Friday evenings.
- Presented The Joe Show on 5fm.
- Voice-over artist at Supersport since 2005
- Featured in Blaque Magazine in their downtime feature.
- Puma ambassador from 2011 until present.
- Presented awards at the Metro FM awards
- Bogart Man ambassador from 2015
- DJ at Smirnoff ICE with Guarana Explore the night parties
- Joe is responsible for organising events at various Cappello’s around the country.
- Joe has also DJ’d at station events such as the Metro FM Heatwave.
- He also started and hosted Comedy Nights at Cafe del Khuze in Pretoria
- Script writer for Kaizer Chiefs TV and other shows on Supersport
- MC’d and DJ’d at launches and activations.